If you are a baking newbie, this is the perfect recipe for you! There’s minimal baking skills required unless you consider mixing ingredients a skill. It’s quick,easy and most importantly,yummy! You are just 7 steps away from chocolate heaven! So,what are you waiting for?
80g (2 ¾ oz) butter
40g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
145g (2/3 cup) caster (superfine) sugar
60g (1/2 cup) plain ( all-purpose) flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
100g (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven on to 180C (350F/Gas 4).
2. Brush your cake tin with oil or melted butter, put a piece of baking paper in the bottom.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan. When it is ready, take it off the heat and stir in the cocoa and sugar,followed by the eggs.
4. Put a sieve over the saucepan and tip in the flour and baking powder,along with a pinch of salt. Sift everything into the saucepan, then mix it in. NOTE: Make sure you don’t have any pockets of flour.
5. Add the chocolate chips and stir them in.
6.Pour the mixture into your tin and bake it for 30 minutes or until cooked (depending on the size of the tin used).
7. Once cooked, leave the slab to cool in the tin, then tip it out and cut it into brownie pieces.